Overdraft Protection & Courtesy Pay Agreement
What you need to know about Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We are able to cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We offer Courtesy Pay* that comes with your account.
- We also offer Overdraft Protection, which is a link to your savings account(s) or revolving line of credit loan. This is a more cost effective option than Courtesy Pay. Ask us to learn more about Overdraft Protection.
*Subject to account review and approval.
What is the Courtesy Pay program that comes with my account?
We may authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other debit transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction. If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
We will not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to:
- ATM withdrawal transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
What fees will I be charged if RiverLand pays my overdraft?
Under our Courtesy Pay program:
- We will charge you a fee of $27.50 for each overdraft item we pay.
- There is no limit on the total fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account.
Want Your NSF Transactions Paid for You? Enroll Today! Courtesy Pay Opt-In/Opt-Out
For more detailed information about our Courtesy Pay/Overdraft Service Learn MoreGo to main navigation